Thread: Some type of Apple...

Oak

Some type of Apple...

Well, it's been 2 and a half years since I've been on this site because for some reason my laptop stopped letting me access it, no matter what browser I used. (Kept giving me some sort of error that said that the site was using improper encryption or something and to contact a web master. Whatever.)

In that time, I've moved to a new location, and as luck would have it, it's only a block away from a large park and bird sanctuary. Large enough to have at least 2 deer in it, who I've seen once. And as a result, there are a few more tree's I'd like identified. I'll start with this one, as I know it is some type of Apple, but not sure which. The apples are too well formed for Crab apples, but they are small. Literally quarter sized.

Here are the pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0841.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	4834   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0842.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	4835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0843.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	4836  
    Cool place to visit...Treeblog
    My site!!
    CenTREES

Oak
    Anyone here? Or did the site die in the 2 and a half years I was gone?
    My site!!
    CenTREES

Oak
    Please don't be dead...I loved this place...
    My site!!
    CenTREES

Oak
    not sure what that is, similar to a crab apple. just excited i found this. thought arbor day forums had gone extinct. good to hear from you gr8fzy1.
    peace to all

Oak
    Me too! I think maybe other people were having the same problems that I was and just couldn't access the site. I hope like he'll that it isn't dead, this was one of the few sites on the Internet that actually brought me joy. But I've been checking on it for the past 2 months and I've been the only registered user here...*cries*
    My site!!
    CenTREES

Oak
    something changed a year or so ago. the link on the arborday.org home page for the forums vanished one day. so the forum still exists, but only by itself somehow. i'm guessing it's not going to be getting much traffic because of this.
    peace to all

Oak
    Yeah, I just checked...the link is still gone. Which was never a problem for me because I always typed in the url for the forums manually. Maybe the webmasters just got tired of the upkeep and deleted the forum link. I hope not...this place was JUMPING for a long time.
    My site!!
    CenTREES