Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leaf 1.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	4673Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tree 1.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	4674I need help identifying a tree that is in the landscaping outside a theater near me. The tree was planted maybe 4+ years ago. I was thinking it was some type of beech tree but when I google beech trees I cant find anything similar.
    The trunck is maybe 3"-4" wide, bark is smooth, and the leafs are alternating, pinate. Thanks for the help. You can see the bark in the leaf photo, both trees in the tree picture are the same tree.

Super Moderator Oak Trees are neat!'s Avatar
    looks like an elm. Is it on city property? They might be able to give you the name of the variety that was planted.

Nope it's private property, Thanks a bunch! Googled Elm and the leaves match really well!

Super Moderator Oak Trees are neat!'s Avatar
    If you are looking for an elm, something you should be aware of is they are highly susceptible to Dutch elm disease. There are some disease resistant cultivars out there, so be sure to get one!
    Here is some info you might be interested in: http://www.extension.umn.edu/yardand...resistant.html

Acorn
    The leaves do look much like those of an Elm but I've never seen an Elm with that nice of a shape to it. Elms also tend grow very quickly, at least here in Kansas they do, and given the height of this tree I would lean toward something else; however, it may be a cultivar I'm not familiar with.