Thread: 2011 Redwood Photo Contest STRL - Vote

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    2011 Redwood Photo Contest STRL - Vote

    Knowing that this forum has a strong draw of tree people ... now's your chance to vote for Redwood photos. Save the Redwoods League already selected 10 finalists from over 500 pics submitted. Now those 10 photos are ready for public voting.

    Voting Link: http://www.savetheredwoods.org/community/contest.shtml

    C'mon over and share a vote for a tree photo if you like.

    Among the 10, they selected my Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park photo, taken the same weekend that the tallest hemlock was found in that park. So the photo is memorable for that too.


  2. #2
    Oak
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    cottageville, south carolina
    Posts
    203

    RE: 2011 Redwood Photo Contest STRL - Vote

    you got my vote, good luck!
    peace to all

  3. #3

    Re: RE: 2011 Redwood Photo Contest STRL - Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by fracwilt
    you got my vote, good luck!
    Thanks fracwilt...

    8 more days to go.

    Still holding 3rd, but by a small margin.


  4. #4
    Oak
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Western NY, Zone 6
    Posts
    348

    RE: 2011 Redwood Photo Contest STRL - Vote

    Spectacular photo, you have my vote as well!

  5. #5
    Sapling
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    michigan zone 5
    Posts
    68

    RE: 2011 Redwood Photo Contest STRL - Vote

    Well now your in second, by a small number. It's nice to see people dedicating time and money to such a good cause. Looks like lots of wildlife lives there too.

  6. #6

    Re: RE: 2011 Redwood Photo Contest STRL - Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by sprucetree22
    Well now your in second, by a small number. It's nice to see people dedicating time and money to such a good cause. Looks like lots of wildlife lives there too.
    About 9 visits out of 10, I see Roosevelt Elk when hiking in that redwood park. And deer about 1 visit in 3. The banana slugs are seen virtually every hike, and I think they are pretty nicely colored in general. The giant salamanders are out there somewhere, but harder to spot. I've seen them 3 times in the past year. Saw no bears over a 2 year period, then sighted 4 different bears the next year, all within a 48 hour period.

    And about a year and a half ago, spotted 3 mountain lions along the road that goes down to Tall Trees Grove.

    BTW - your user name makes me think that you like spruce trees too. Just found a nice one at the Oregon Coast this last Spring.

    Link: http://www.mdvaden.com/klootchy_spruce.shtml

    Oh ... and in Prairie Creek Redwoods, again, are the world's tallest Sitka Spruce / tallest of any Spruce.

  7. #7

    Re: RE: 2011 Redwood Photo Contest STRL - Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by mdvaden
    Quote Originally Posted by sprucetree22
    Well now your in second, by a small number. It's nice to see people dedicating time and money to such a good cause. Looks like lots of wildlife lives there too.
    About 9 visits out of 10, I see Roosevelt Elk when hiking in that redwood park. And deer about 1 visit in 3. The banana slugs are seen virtually every hike, and I think they are pretty nicely colored in general. The giant salamanders are out there somewhere, but harder to spot. I've seen them 3 times in the past year. Saw no bears over a 2 year period, then sighted 4 different bears the next year, all within a 48 hour period.

    And about a year and a half ago, spotted 3 mountain lions along the road that goes down to Tall Trees Grove.

    BTW - your user name makes me think that you like spruce trees too. Just found a nice one at the Oregon Coast this last Spring.

    Link: http://www.mdvaden.com/klootchy_spruce.shtml

    Also ... south in Prairie Creek Redwoods, are the world's tallest Sitka Spruce / tallest of any Spruce.

  8. #8
    Sapling
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    michigan zone 5
    Posts
    68

    RE: 2011 Redwood Photo Contest STRL - Vote

    Glad to hear you won 3rd place, All the photos were great. I first visited the "Giants" Redwood forest in 78 and have admired them ever since. Every time I renew my membership with Arbor Day I order 10 colorado sprucetrees,, I nuture them and transplant them for friends and family.

  9. #9

    RE: 2011 Redwood Photo Contest STRL - Vote

    If anybody hears of tree related photo contests in 2012, drop a note here.

    Just checked the Save the Redwoods site, and I don't think they are doing a 2012 contest. May be the sponsors are not available this year.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Oak Quirky Quercus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,589

    Re: RE: 2011 Redwood Photo Contest STRL - Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by mdvaden
    If anybody hears of tree related photo contests in 2012, drop a note here.

    Just checked the Save the Redwoods site, and I don't think they are doing a 2012 contest. May be the sponsors are not available this year.
    Maybe we should have one of our own right here?

    Your links aren't working btw. You got an extra dot com in them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tree Photo Contest
    By pwk16 in forum Tree Planting and Care
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 07:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •