Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/arborday/public_html/archive/index.php(545) : eval()'d code on line 2
Is this a Juniper Tree? [Archive] - Arbor Day Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Juniper Tree?

Alton
07-04-2006, 09:16 AM
I actually have two questions. First I want to make sure this is a Juniper Tree that I'm asking about, second, what can I do for it? It was healthy and green two weeks ago but I believe since we are in a drought and that it has not been watered for two weeks it is now dying. I've looked around for bag worms that have in the past attacked similar trees in the back yard but I see no evidence of bag worms so I am guessing it is the heat and no water. Any suggestions on what I should do at this point? Oh, and if I cut off the part that is obviously dead now, will it grow back eventually?

Thank you!

Quirky Quercus
07-04-2006, 09:26 AM
I can't make it out because the picture is too dark. If you bring the picture into a photo editor, brighten it way up.

Alton
07-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Ok here it is again

Quirky Quercus
07-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Looks like some kind of Juniperus. Being that you're in TX, I'm betting it is but what kind specifically is tough to tell. The habit has me thinking some upright variety of western redcedar (Juniperus scopulorum)

Alton
07-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Ok... do you know what I can do for it?

Alton
07-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Ok... do you know what I can do for it?

Quirky Quercus
07-05-2006, 12:04 PM
What's wrong with it?

Or should I ask... what happened to it right before something went wrong with it?

It could be drought and heat but 2 weeks isn't that long to go w/o water...When was it planted?

saccharum
07-06-2006, 06:27 PM
I still can't even much detail in that pic. Any chance of some more?