PDA

View Full Version : Charity

sorianofan
05-11-2005, 12:17 PM
I have no money now or will have much the next 6 or so years (I am a student is plans to pursue a PHD), but I plan on donating almost all the money I make to charity for religious reasons. I am wondering whether or not the arbor day foundation would be a good cause. Is it more about trees then the good of humanity?

Jules
05-11-2005, 03:31 PM
I think trees have a thing or two to do with the good of humanity. Without trees, the earth would be inhospital. I think ArborDay does a good job focusing on educating people about the value of trees to society. Gets my vote as a good charity to support.
--Joolz

Willow
05-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Well put, Jules. This post had me thinking as I got ready for work. I feel that the two go hand in hand. Trees help us regulate air quality, they provide an overall higher standard of living. With the rate of growth and population explosion in this world, I feel it would be quite an admirable cause to support. What a great way to give back to the earth, considering so much we have taken. The organization helps sustain the ecosystems of our world, directly, as well as support the ongoing education of our children so that they too can value the worth of trees. I recall the impact it had on me as a child when I got the little sapling once a year at school. The diligence with which I planted and tended to the tree was a great hands on lesson. A tangible example of contributing to the environment, and seeing how it's important to be involved, and to care. Hopefully, in the end, creating a more conscientous citizen. It's a win-win situation. :wink:

terryenterprises
05-12-2005, 09:47 AM
Charity is a touchy issue. Where it goes, nobody really knows. I pledged money for tsunami relief, and im not sure what the money went to. (Medical, Food, ETC....) I just knew that it was the right thing to do. Trees are beautiful, and are very important. I believe that every yard should have at least one tree. Donations are important to keep trees in our cities. The Arbor Day Foundation would be more than happy to accept your donations.