Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/arborday/public_html/archive/index.php(545) : eval()'d code on line 2
Planting Trees along the roadside [Archive] - Arbor Day Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Planting Trees along the roadside

CountryGram
04-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Hi,
:D I am new here and from Southwestern Pennsylvania, about an hour south from Pittsburgh. I recently purchased some trees to plant along side of the front road near our house. My question is how far from the road in our yard should we plant these trees? I have Kousa dogwood (white flowers); the white dogwood;Washington Hawthorn; American Eastern Rosebud; and the Prairifire flowering Crab. There is a chainlink fence already alongside the road but I want to plant something next to the fence. Are these a good choice? If there is a better choice of trees to plant along side the roadway would you let me know please? Thanks for your time!
CountryGram in Pa.

pwk16
04-06-2005, 04:04 PM
You need to find out what the county considers their property and try not to plant them there. They usually own land a certain distance from the center of the road. Those are fine choices, but if you plant them on county land you could come home from work one day to find them gone or topped or chopped down.

CountryGram
04-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Thank You! I will do that. I was concerned too about them growing and possibly causing vision problems for the road which I don't want to do. I planted them and will transplant them as soon as I know where is the best place to plant.
Thanks again.