PDA

View Full Version : " HERO" With Jet Lee

Madmike09030
10-18-2004, 11:46 AM
In the movie " Hero" there was a scene with two women sword fighting and they were surrounded by these beautiful trees. But I don't know what kind of trees they are. The movie was supposed to be filmed in China. I thought it might be a tree native to Chinah. Everywhere I look I can't find the name of that tree or information about it. If anyone has seen the movie and knows the name of that tree and how I can get one would be helpful. Thanks.

Ellyssian
10-18-2004, 12:27 PM
Just a pure guess (based on "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" which I did see, not "Hero" which I have not seen):

Bamboo?

Toronado3800
10-18-2004, 12:53 PM
What did these trees look like? Were they big or small? Oval shade trees like oaks or pyramids like cypresses?

Madmike09030
10-18-2004, 02:41 PM
The Movie isn't based on "crouching tiger hidden dragon" but it is made by the same people. The trees are'nt bamboo. The Trees had thick bark that resembled cottonwood bark. and during the entire seen the leaves were falling they were round like an eastern redbud and turned yellow in the fall. The leaves did not resemble cottonwood leaves.

saccharum
10-18-2004, 04:06 PM
Hmm, I haven't seen Hero yet either, but from your description, maybe Katsura, Cercidiphyllum japonicum (if it was filmed in China and not Japan, it would probably be variety "sinensis"). When you said that the leaves resembled redbud, it came to mind. The trees get big, they're quite beautiful. Nice fall color. Should be planted more, IMO.

http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/uf/uts/section1/slide57.jpg

Quirky Quercus
10-18-2004, 06:35 PM
Hey sac, maybe it's a Chinese Tallow Tree. Ya thinks? :lol:

Toronado3800
10-19-2004, 12:13 AM
Is this movie out on DVD yet so we can play it in a pc and "capture" the image in JPEG to be posted?

BlueGemSky5
11-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Heya everyone, :o

This movie "HERO" is now out on DVD for rental. I'm pretty excited to rent it. Has anyone found out the type of tree yet?

Matt :)

saccharum
12-04-2004, 11:49 AM
That could definitely be katsura... the bark looks right, and so does the fall color (and what I can make out of the leaf shape).

I might rent it tonight, I hear it's a great movie.